Thursday, June 17, 2010

Looking forward

Tights

It's our first week of summer officially. Our schedule is different. I now have three full days (10-3) for work instead of five mornings. My daughter is with me on Tuesdays and Thursdays which is a welcome change. I hardly spend any time at all with either kid by his or herself which, it turns out, is very different than spending time with both. They act differently. And I do too. We move more slowly. We can have conversations. I'm not always running interference. I'll let you in on a secret. I kind of enjoy it.  I tried to patch together a summer with plenty of camps and activities but also at least one week each with only one child. And a week with both together. And a week in southern California and a week in New York and a week in Santa Fe. I'm already exhausted. Cleansing breath...

But this is what I signed up for. And how could I not? I mean look at the little saggy tights on that tush! With all her tippy toeness and fashion forwardness. This was six months ago. Who knows who she'll be six months from now. I'll keep you posted.

9 comments:

DR said...

it sounds like an action packed summer -- may i ask what did you consume before you got this all arranged.
love the pic of your daughter -- only kids can get away with outfit like that...that's why i love them.

AG Ambroult said...

yeah, those are some rad sneakers she's got on. Sometimes I wear my tights and skirts like that too, but it's not on purpose.(or nearly as cute)
Our summer starts next Tuesday and I am SO looking forward to the change of pace, but a bit worried about when, exactly, I am supposed to get all my work done.

nacherluver said...

Sounds like it's going to be a good summer! We're a week in and it's already flying by.
I adore kids with fashion freedom!
Great photo :)

aimee said...

if that isn't the cutest tushie ever. i'll tell you what - i love spending time with my kids one on one. they are different people when they are alone and not beating the hell out of each other or pushing one another off the deck. it gets even better in a few years as they grow more independent and can have conversations for longer than two minutes and don't randomly dash for the door. it's enough to (almost) want to keep my seven year old from camp.

Mona G. said...

Here is the deal-i-o. Little girls have it totally made in the clothes department. If it's pink and frilly or purple and full of stars...if it has hearts and moonbeams...throw it all together and you have the perfect outfit. I can't even take it.... And another thing....WHY ARE KID BUTT SHOTS SO AMAZINGLY CUTE? again...can't take it.

Lori said...

That little bum is too sweet. And the tight and the vans. I don't now you can stand it. Cheers to summer :)

pixie said...

i love that little bum bum!

jane said...

this is the greatest shot!
your summer sounds like it´s going to be fantastic!
happy weekend girlfriend!

rachel awes said...

i love this picture
a huge amount
& of course she has
hearts
growing
on her
clothes!
i too cherish
one on one time
with my children..
happy summer
to you
& love
to your
cleansing
breathing!x