Tuesday, June 1, 2010

From where I'm sitting

Train

I see a little boy whose love of trains is second only to his love of electrical wires. He asks to take a train every day after preschool. But his sister needs her nap. Foiled! So if she wakes up at a reasonable time and all are in good spirits and we can still catch the 5:11 southbound or the 5:18 northbound trains, then I indulge this particular obsession. I love trains too. I wish this one could take us to Holland or Thailand or Spain, but San Jose will do. And just in time to catch the 5:31 train back home for dinner.

3 comments:

aimee said...

perfect. i love this. and i love that you indulge it. if we were to catch the only passenger train to come through town, we'd have to be at the depot around 5:08 a.m. and we probably wouldn't get back for a week!

Don said...

So your a train sitter! What a wonderful thing to do!

AG Ambroult said...

San Jose, Spain...it's all the same ;)