Thursday, March 18, 2010

Home

Scream

We're home. This is a picture of my daughter screaming about something. There were certainly plenty of things for her to scream about on our 34 hour trip home. 14 of those hours were spent in London. Thankfully not on the floor of terminal three in Heathrow airport. We had the good sense to reserve a hotel room next to the airport which may have been our saving grace. All in all, it was a pretty good travel experience. Just long.  I even got to watch parts of some movies. The guy two rows in front of my to the diagonal was watching Precious so I saw some of that without sound which was probably the most I could handle from that movie. I also got to watch a little Bollywood action. That may be new favorite genre. And I watched the second Twilight movie in its entirety which was awful, but having just read three of the four books, highly entertaining.

I have a lot of things swirling around in my head. Stories from the trip. Thoughts on the Middle East. An open letter to President Obama. Some constructive criticism for Virgin Atlantic and Boeing. Thoughts about travel footwear. Confusion over where to live the rest of my life. The soundtrack to The Sneetches DVD.

In the meantime I am swamped. Orders to fill. A commission to finish. Taxes to file. Not to mention a severe case of luggage creep that must be nipped in the bud. I'll see you on the other side.

10 comments:

DR said...

go go go!
glad you made it home safely! travelling with children is a sacrifice...forget the movies, forget the wine sitting on you tray (and i my case with allergy child) forget the sweets and ice cream.

Desert Savta said...

Glad you had a safe trip home and that it wasn't too traumatic. Waiting to hear more details when we talk. The house is very empty, so we are hoping that you had such a good time here that you are willing to go through the torture of 34 hours in transit just to keep us (and hopefully you, too) happy.

Unknown said...

Sorry to have missed you but look forward to your comments, letter to Obama, etc...

rachel awes said...

welcome home, dear one. peace to you all as you continue to land & center...

AG Ambroult said...

aaaaa TOAST! raise your marshmallow sticks! (sound familiar?)
glad you made it back. I thoroughly enjoyed coming along and seeing the sights.

Juliette Crane said...

what an incredible trip! i just adore your artwork and am happy to have found your blog. thank you for sharing your art. best wishes! juliette

Shannon said...

What an amazing journey you had. I love all of your photos! Welcome home and good luck acclimating!

Mama PhD said...

Oh yay! Can't wait to see you - coffee on me.

Bella Sinclair said...

That photo! Oh my gosh, it's priceless!

Welcome home! What a fantastic trip. Everyone is safe, the kids were good. Really, it doesn't get much better.

xoxo

la ninja said...

mwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...