Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Orange


Right before our trip to Israel this beautiful little hand-bound journal designed by bookmaking goddess Jen of Painted Fish Studio arrived to my home in exchange for, surprise, a painted fish. She also sent along some other little goodies including a slippery mood fish, the likes of which I hadn't seen in probably two decades, and some fruity Japanese tape dispensing thingy which my daughter quickly destroyed. My husband saw the journal and admired the craftsmanship and then had a chuckle. What is your thing with orange? 

I have no idea what he's talking about.

Teapot

File

Toys

Bag

Poppy

8 comments:

painted fish studio said...

thanks for the love susie! i'm one of orange's biggest fans, too... but it's only been in the last few years that i've come to appreciate its beauty.

DanaBanana said...

I am an orange lover too...
love your new kumkum
:)

AG Ambroult said...

that book is beautiful. I'll have to go take a peek at her work. They say orange expresses energy, so there you have it!

rachel awes said...

i am CRAZY for that journal!!!
& i loooove orange too, so of course am orange bananas over this post. big orange sunshine your way. xox

Juliette Crane said...

this journal is beautiful! love the orange! so vibrant and happy.
xoxo, juliette

chrissy said...

i am in L.O.V.E. with orange.
obsessed with it.
i.m not as funny as rachel with her "orange bananas" but i DID just paint my front entry ORANGE.
"orange you glad i shared that with you?"
ok
i.ll stop.
your blog is WONDERFUL!
happy day to happy you!
c

Bella Sinclair said...

Ooohh, journal love! Beautiful design with bits of glory shining through.

And are you kidding me? All these orange lovers, wooohoooo! Orange is my favorite color. I love your happy orange decor! I once had an entire room painted orange. Blazingly gorgeous.

Speaking of gorgeous...your travel photos below! Now I feel like putting chocolate milk in a plastic bag and suckling.

pixie said...

I LOVE your sunny oranges. This would be my obsession with turquoise. I try other colors. I do. DIGGING the new Ketubah! What a sweet Spring house blessing!