Sunday, October 25, 2009

Just when I thought I was out



I'm forcing myself to write tonight because otherwise I will eat the other half of the pita with Nutella (which I will likely do anyway) and plus, I have a gig at my old job every morning for the next three weeks which, when my former manager and friend first mentioned it, sounded awful and then like a nice, profitable diversion and now it sounds really chaotic. Not to mention that I will miss three weeks of my sewing class (which you never hear about anymore because I suck at it so much. I really peaked with those pillows.) I don't know how I used to do this? How did I used to work outside of my home all day and also buy food and then figure out what was for dinner and make it and clean the house and still have time to post a blog entry and watch an episode of Glee? And also fill my orders! And find time to paint! I'm sure I will be fine but I'm starting to have anxiety and that is why I'm about to finish the other half of the Nutella pita. Be back in a second.

I'm actually excited to see my old friends and have a fresh pot of coffee waiting for me everyday and maybe give my jeans some time off for good beahvior. But I just have a lot going on a ll of a sudden. There's still the issue of the Halloween costume. I ordered a shark from a great shop on ETSY that will require me to do some assemblage and light sewing. But now everyone in the family is really excited about the prospect of Broiler Man so I just don't know when it's all going to get done. And I had originally wanted to dress my daughter as Frida Kahlo since she already has the mono brow but I don't yet have a Mexican dress and since my son cut her hair the other day (did I mention that?) it will be somewhat challenging for me to get it pinned up without an ozone obliterating amount of Aqua Net. I'm thinking she still fits in the chicken costume.

And I'm out of ink! Mother of George, I ran out of ink. And not just printer ink friends. I even ran out of ink in my micron pen. Which means that I can't print or make anything. I sketched a little crazy rooftop village that I want to paint but I need me a new micron! Stat!

And the worst thing of all, is our new duvet. After eight winters with a duvet that has about three feathers left in each little square, I finally bought a giant, super warm, extra cozy duvet (that was, I swear to you, only about $40 from IKEA) and now it is proving to be NEXT TO IMPOSSIBLE to get out of bed in the morning. *

*Dianna, sorry in advance if I'm late for work tomorrow morning...I had a flat tire.

6 comments:

Everything's Rosie said...

Well, that's pretty hilarious, especially watching the you tube scene. Good luck at work. Frieda for Aviv...perfect.

lori vliegen said...

i get the biggest kick out of reading your posts.....thanks for my daily giggle. and don't worry, i'm not laughing AT you, i'm laughing WITH you.....!
i'm an empty-nester now, and you would think that i have all the time in the world (well, actually, i do have a lot of time....), but i really stink at organizing it. i was much more organized when i had two kids at home, and all of the hoopla that goes with it. enjoy your nutella....you deserve it girl!! :)))

painted fish studio said...

whoooooo. i got tired reading that. i just got through with 2 out of town weekends (which are fun, but i need my re-charge time at home), my house is a construction zone, i'm working evenings/weekends on a project for a woman that is nutz, i'm working full time, and yet, you are getting so much more done than i. bravo!

(you should get some "me" time, though.)

Renee said...

You are an absolute breath of fresh air. Always.

I love the mono brow Frida, adorable.

Thanks for the info, I love to hear those things. I have seen Gavriel before but thought it was another angel.

Love Renee xoxo

jacqueline said...

I always always enjoy your post and i hope you know that by now. :) That youtube video is funny! I am really looking forward to see your little ones' halloween costumes. :D Have a lovely merry happy week and love to you!

Lori said...

HA! Susie I love it. Hope you are enjoying the fresh cup of coffee made for you. One time I went to a halloween party dressed as Frida (I looked JUST like her truly) and my husband was Picasso. No one knew who we were. Really NO ONE knew who I was. Loosers.