Friday, December 4, 2009

Strange Bedfellows

My daughter has crossed the line. The last few weeks she's been crawling into our bed around 6:30 in the morning to snuggle and defrost her Popsicle feet and we rather enjoy it so we indulge this behavior. It's been a good stretch actually. For a while she was coming in at around 3:30 to sleep on the floor next to the bed or covertly sneak between us (her version of stealth mode means a knee in your belly and not a knee AND a foot). There was also that three day "my mattress is like a large diaper" spree. Check. But lately she's been going to be easily and sleeping the whole night in her bed.

But recently she's been coming into our bed with a host of friends. She doesn't just bring Julio. She brings Julio, Mousey, a soft doll that make crinkle noises and two small wooden dolls from her doll house. Yes, wooden dolls. Ever snuggle up to a wooden doll? Or rolled onto one at 6:45 am? Yesterday she brought all of those items plus the lamp from her doll house. And today she brought the animals, crinkle doll, wooden dolls, the lamp, her ladybug key chain chapstick and two magnets.

But I will leave my husband to deal with this burgeoning problem while I go away for the weekend. By. My. Self. Yes, friends. This mama has the weekend off. Full disclosure when I return. Or partial disclosure.

Now go make some time for you too. Let's report back on Monday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, we have a king bed and it's still not enough: the girls want to get back to my womb...and Tamar brings not only her 5 dolls (one of them even make strange noises that suppuse to sound like crying or laughing, but it's far from the reality). She brings her dolls pillows and blankets. It is actually very funny to see her bringing all that at one time.

where are you going to? how I didn't get any invitation?!? I envy you!!

Shirli

Renee said...

I hope you haven't left yet. Have a great time.

I have to tell you that you are so good for me Susie that I burst out laughing reading your comment.

Honest to God you are so funny.

Love Renee xoxo