Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Corner View - Corners of my home

I have been remiss in my corner view participation. Started by Jane of Spain Daily, it's a group of bloggers around the world who post on a weekly prompt. I just usually can't get my act together in time. This week's prompt was Corners of Your Home. So here they are, for better of worse. I left out the corners that were full of crap. Except for one corner that is desperate for a makeover. Can you tell a lot by someone's corners? Maybe...


I collect rag dolls. Porcelain painted faces? No thanks. I collect the soft kind and the raggier the better. Here are two from South Africa, that I bought in Israel and one from New Zealand.


We have a lot of books. Paperbacks. I can't bring myself to part with them. And I don't want them in boxes in the attic because then there's NO CHANCE I will ever look at them again. This way they're out of public view but easily accessible. You know, for when I want to reread Othello.


I have kids. Two in fact. One of them, the boy one, sleeps here. My friend Ayelet in Israel made those chickens. I wish she would sell them on ETSY or something but for now only sold in shops in Israel. The quilt is from a wonderful woman in an adorable shop in Rosh Pinna, which is a little artist town in Northern Israel. It has the Hebrew alphabet on it. And the image above his bed is obviously from Shel Silverstein's The Giving Tree, one of the greatest books of all time. I painted this when I was sixteen.


Even more books. And some friends atop the books.


This corner is actually in our hallway. Kind of a peculiar little place. We turned it into a kitchen. With a view of the Andes...

Here is a quiet corner where I can relax (and nurse - back in the day). My Grammy crocheted that afghan. It's good to have a place to breathe when this is what your office/studio looks like...

Good grief.

Thanks for coming over. For more corner tours visit Jane and her people at Spain Daily. Vaya con Dios.

11 comments:

Conny said...

I love your corners today. I laughed at your comment about leaving out the corners with crap. I had corners with spider webs, some empty corners, and didn't want to include them either. Your office photo is the best - it looks like you get down to some business in there. Cheers ~ Conny

aimee said...

you have great corners! and at least you have an office - mine is the kitchen counter!

jane said...

thank you for the colorful tour. your painting is amazing! love it. happy day! besos!

Jodi said...

those pics are great. so colorful and welcoming!

Theresa said...

Looks cozy to me

Desert Savta said...

Looks like you don't feel 'cornered' in your corners. Enjoyed the views and loved remembering the warm feeling of the house. It's been too long...

Cate said...

this view was really fun. so many things that to love here. your boy one's room is so sweet, and the favorite thing of all there is that painting you did when you were a teenager. i love THE GIVING TREE and always (seriously.) weep profusely when i read it. that means i do not read it very often and that my husband reads it to the kids. such a beautiful story. love your painting.

and, of course the hallway kitchen. perfect.

Lori said...

I love that you kept out corners that were full of crap! lol And thank you for showing the picture of your office/studio because now maybe I won't hate myself but I definitely have you beat for the crazy crappy office award.

AG Ambroult said...

yeah, I'm not sure my corners could be published, but thanks for sharing yours! Youth services would surely be coming to take me away if they got a glimpse of the dust, combined with crumbs and cat fur that tend to grow in our corners.
I like this idea of a weekly blog prompt. think I'll check it out!

Kari said...

I love your corners. Very colorful.

likeschocolate said...

What a cute little kitchen and chubby fat chickens. I love it!