Friday, August 7, 2009

Carbon Copy

I have just spent the last three hours filling out forms for my kids to start their new preschool in the fall. A packet of forms! The same forms for both kids! Two sets! I have a blister on my thumb and a throbbing callous on my middle finger. And I need that finger for driving...

And the thing that killed me was basically filling out the same thing twice. I hate and dislike redundancy. They're the same kids more or less! Same parents, same address, same people authorized to pick them up, same emergency contacts, same doctors, same wake-up and bedtime. They're exactly the same. Except one's born in October and the other in February. One's a boy and one's a girl. One's allergic to amoxycillin and one's allergic to vegetables. One's sensitive and one's happy-go-lucky.

In fact, aside from their emergency contacts, they could not be more different.

0 comments: