How's that for a zinger title?
It's been ten wonderful years but we are finally closing up shop in America folks. And moving back to Israel. Holy crap, that's right. And we're doing it this summer. With an infant. So I'm a little overwhelmed. And a little stressed. But relieved to have made this decision because nothing sucks more than indecision. Except for hemorrhoids.
I'm excited about the move though I have no delusions that this will be easy or comfortable or enjoyable. At least for the first six to
But here are many things I am looking forward to, in no particular order:
- Having a bigger house.
- Starting fresh.
- Getting old funky furniture from the south Tel Aviv flea market.
- Connecting with the vibrant art and design community.
- Shoko b'sakit (come visit me and I'll buy you one).
- Fantastic grandparents who are available for babysitting. And sleep-overs.
- Cheap outbound shipping (so say my Israeli ETSY comrades).
- Long weekends in Turkey, Greece, Cypress, Czech Republic, Romania, Bulgaria, Egypt...
- Not having to take my kids out of school for Jewish holidays.
- Really strong lattes. Stronger than Peets.
- Fresh pita.
- School that's six days a week (!!)
- Fully bilingual kids.
- Aunt Dana and Uncle Yaniv.
- The Mediterranean Sea. Despite the jellyfish.
- Grocers calling me sweetie. (Trust me, it's endearing).
- Getting out of traffic tickets just by speaking English.
- The shoes.