Saturday, September 11, 2010

Goodbye to summer

Critter

A few pictures from our trip to Santa Fe. It was another great trip, with some interesting twists. Namely that my sister-in-law was put on bed rest at 32 weeks with her third child. In Albuquerque. Which is 60 miles away from her home Santa Fe. Not ideal. But we all rallied. My other sister-in-law and brother-in-law cooked delicious vegetarian cuisine all week. The kids spent a lot of time exploring the arroyos, finding treasures, and rigging ways to haul their treasures home. We went to a dia del nino festival one morning and dressed up like senoritas and conquistadores and built adobe houses. We celebrated my niece's fourth birthday with unicorn cake. The kids gave themselves many many tattoos and painted several hundred coats of nail polish on their hands and feet and legs and everywhere else. There were also many water fights between siblings of all ages. And a few family visits to the hospital. It was a great end to a great summer.

But now I'm ready to hunker down for a little quiet and reflection. Hopefully autumn weather and spirit are around the corner.

Desert Flowers

La Familia

Adobe House

Unicorn Cake

Tattoos

Water Fight

Bed Rest

6 comments:

nacherluver said...

what a fun vaycay!!!!

aimee said...

you sure look cute in those duds! hope all turns out well for your sis-in-law -- is she stuck in the hospital until delivery?

no way said...

Best wishes to your sister-in-law, I hope everything goes smoothly and quickly. (She looks great, by the way!)

And that thing your daughter is holding in the top photo-we don't have that in Chicago. We must hop on the next plane to NM. My kids would FREAK OUT to be able to hold something like that (I don't even know what it is, but I'm okay with them holding it. :) )

Susie Lubell said...

My brother in law thought that thing was a baby hila monster but he's known for just making shit up and acting ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN he's correct. I think it was a a horny toad with only the very last remnants of tadpoleness.

My sister-in-law is beautiful even after 28 hours of labor. She's just like that.

pixie said...

Freaking good looking family! I want to see babe pics!

AG Ambroult said...

Looks like fun. Great photos. I love that last one, with the child covered in tats.