Monday, April 5, 2010

Old. New. Borrowed. Blue.

Jerusalem3
Rejoice in Jerusalem, all who love her.  - Isaiah

This is a piece that I painted as an anniversary gift to my future in-laws when I was living in Israel. It's from 1998. I had been dating their son for about a year maybe. It would be another three years before we got engaged and another year and a half after that before we were married. Boy was I patient once upon a time. So this piece is old. But new to you! And new to my shop. Because I borrowed it from them. Well, they actually brought it with them on this last visit so I could scan it and offer it in my Spirit and Verse collection. And the blue. Well there's blue in the painting. Every shade I think. And we're every shade of blue to see my mother-in-law go. She was a major help this week while my kids were off of school. They brought along another painting that I'd given my sister-in-law in 1999. I'll post that one too. From the "toppling Jerusalem buildings" period.

11 comments:

Everything's Rosie said...

Susie, what you said is sooooooo sweet. I'm proud to be your mom. Beautiful piece of art too.

jane said...

this is beautiful. you are one talented lady! p.s. your real simple post cracked me up- i was nodding my head the whole time:)

aimee said...

BEAUTIFUL! and the title is PERFECT for it!

pixie said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!!!! I love the way they're all standing there leaning on one another in their finery...

Dana said...

This is stunning beautiful, I love the colours!

AG Ambroult said...

love this. And I love the text going across the top. I'm sure this piece will be a best seller in your shop.

rachel awes said...

i love "her", & love you too! & love this piece, all rising in royal blue. xoxo

Dana Barbieri said...

That is very beautiful. What a lovely gift to give!

Lori said...

It's fantastic!

Yasmina said...

How beautiful and creative and enchanting!
I love your rtwork. It is full of pretty colours and joy!

Bella Sinclair said...

Jaw droppingly GORGEOUS, Susie! Oh wow! I love all these colors and interwoven lines. Oh my goodness, I look at my old stuff from even a year ago and I cringe. But this is from 1998 and still fresh and bold and beautiful. You are that wicked good!