Friday, September 18, 2009

A sweet new year...

...begins with chocolate chip banana bread. I know that apples and honey are usually what's on the menu for the Jewish new year but I couldn't resist sharing this wonderfully easy recipe from my Aunt Anita (chef and artisan extraordinaire - wait til you see the poncho she knit my daughter) that, among other things, occupied me and my son for a solid 40 minutes which is great when you have two hours while your daughter naps and no crafts lined up and two rotting bananas and an antsy almost five year old. Those are the ingredients for certain disaster or a great cooking project.

And here are the ingredients for the actual banana bread:

6 TBSP butter, melted and cooled
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp each salt and vanilla
1.5 cups flour
1 tsp each baking soda and baking powder
1 cup mashed bananas
1/2 cup chopped nuts and/or chocolate chips

Mix wet into dry ingredients. Fold in bananas and nuts/chips. Bake 350 for 50 minutes.


May you be written in the cookbook of life. xo

4 comments:

Everything's Rosie said...

You gotta love aunt Anita. Such a creative and delightful woman. Can't wait to try the recipe and to see the poncho she made. Lots of love...

Bella Sinclair said...

Can't wait to try this. Happy New Year!

aimee said...

shana tova! child B got into the honey and we are all rooted to the floor.

Lori said...

Yum. I would love it if someone would make that and give it to me right now.