Friday, June 19, 2009

Bye Bye Shutterfly

Today is my last day of work at Shutterfly. It's bittersweet. Well maybe semi-sweet. I've really enjoyed being in the creative services group and as I told them all at the waffle breakfast they prepared in honor of my departure (!) working here was an important step toward venturing out on my own in the creative world. They even gave me a paper cutter as a going away present. Talk about knowing how to make a girl feel loved. And it's a big industrial one too. I'm getting tingly just thinking about it.

But the timing is amazing. Just yesterday my iron-transfers were feature on Design Mom and orders started coming in. And the Stanford Children's Hospital has accepted my donation of Inner Toddler prints (the little guys in my header) and then they ordered my entire collection of animals for the hospital. I just have to keep building on this momentum. Feels good.

The good news for you all is that I will be spending twice as much time with my kids going forward which means way more time for them to make me crazy and ultimately way more content for this blog. You see, win win.

Wish me luck.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mazal tov! What a great and upbeat blog. I'm so happy for you. But if the kids make you nutsier, be sure that cutter is way out of reach, (even for you!) Enjoy your passion, use your time well and mind the new gift.

nervous grandma

Susie Lubell said...

It's a kid-safe model. And it will be on the counter up high in the workshop...rest assured.

Anonymous said...

tank yer..r.l.

The Little Cloth Rabbit said...

Good luck with your new adventure! Very exciting!!

Jules said...

I am so glad things are taking off for you! Good luck!

Heather Plett said...

I love to read stories of unfolding gifts. Good luck!