Sunday, January 13, 2008

Can you sleep with me a little bit?

So we're back from our big trip and of course I have a million things I want to write about but for a while there I was going to bed at 7:30 because of the jet lag but now I just can't help falling asleep when I put my son to bed. It's RIDICULOUS. Every night we get into bed and I sing him a song and then he says to me, can you sleep with me a little bit? So we close our eyes and, in fact, I end up sleeping with him A LOT. The rest of the friggin night in some cases. Generally I wake up around 2:00 am and move into my own bed. But still, it means that I don't clean up the house, I don't blog, I don't get any mindless time in front of the television, I don't read, sometimes I don't even brush my teeth, and, worst of all, I spend no adult time with my husband.

So this is why there have been no blogs. Thankfully it was not my new year's resolution to blog more because I'd be failing miserably.

But it's 5:30 am and I was awakened by a troll with a weak bladder so I figured as long as I'm up and too irritated to go back to sleep (and since I've been sleeping since 8:30 last night) I might as well write a little.

0 comments: